There was news in Times of India that 2 held for filmaker’s death – shop owner accused of causing death due to negligence. The mother-son were accused of leaving naked electric wires dangling out in the open in contravention of safety norms that led to the freak yet fatal accident.
Careless usage of electricity leads to this. Electrical safety is governed under Indian Electricity rules 2005. You go anywhere, violation of electricity act is very common. In fact, we all are waiting for the electrical accident to happen, the way electrical transmission distribution and usage is handled in India. Slide show below depicts the few of the violation
The distribution board should have a door with locking arrangement. Danger board should have been provided on the cabinet. Similarly High Voltage distribution network should have its door locked so that no one can enter inside the enclosure. There was an incidence in New Delhi where a boy entered into the enclosure in search of cricket ball and got electrocuted.
This is happening because electrical license is given to the worker without proper checking and taking commitment towards electrical safety precautions. It is time for all of us to wake up.
You may also like:
- Understanding electical cable and and its role in fire
- Electrical Protection System – Tap Changer Locomotive
- How to be confident about safe use of electricity?
- ‘EARTHING’, a must for every one to understand its importance…
- Electrical Protection System -Train Lighting and Air Condtioning
- Indian Electricity Rules, 2005 defines the basic fundamentals of Electricity…