In what could perhaps prove to be a setback to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious plan of setting up railway universities in India, an internal report of the Railway Board has suggested that such universities are not necessary.
Comments: A high level delegation visited China and in its report submitted that a separate university is not required and instead railway related research be conducted in existing technical colleges. Is there any success story with the past research work done through these institutes? if so, it is important to share.
I have written a detail blog on the how, when, why and where on Railway technical university. https://www.railelectrica.com/indian-railways/university-of-railways-why-what-how-and-where/
You may also like:
- Railway minister Suresh Prabhu launched a new mobile app
- Investment only way out to address Indian Railways’ problems: Railway…
- DMRC ranked No. 1 in ‘Information During Travel’ category: RTSC…
- Achievement – Indian Railways increases speed of long-distance trains by…
- SCRA: Railways to close down its oldest apprentice program
- MSRV to get Cheaper Dabhol power